Monday, February 14, 2011

Step Three: Let it run. let it bleed.




So I'm finally really painting again. There is something that I will say up front... my painting skills are not as bad as I thought they were going to be, BUT don't get me wrong they still need a lot of work. Painting these particular pieces of work made me realize something that apparently I had forgotten, that I can make a really bad drawing look better by hiding it behind layers of paint, that’s no excuse for me though, I still need to improve the drawing side of becoming a better artist. I was sitting on the couch staring at the wall for probably a good 30 minutes the other day and realized that I'm going to divide this challenge into two parts. There is the painting side of this challenge, as well as, the drawing side of the challenge. I realized that if I broke up my problem into smaller pieces then it would be easier for me to approach it.

I just realized that I've been hiding literally behind layers of paint. Hiding behind the inadequacies of my own ability to draw the way I want to. I use the paint to hide my screw-ups and flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment