Tuesday, April 3, 2012

finding_style

To all of the creative minds out there… I think one of our greatest challenges as creative individuals is this constant state of searching for our selves. What makes us stand out from the rest? I think being able to discover that, in a way, unveils who we are in some nebulous way. Being able to show how you make something and what you make definitely reveals an important face of us as creators/makers. I have realized my deep obsession with the natural and the raw mechanics of the man made (i.e. industrial or hand made) and wanting to combine them or show their relationship in an elegant way. This kind of alchemic and analytical approach to the natural and fusing the unseen mechanics of not only our world that we have defined as humans, but also the world of the natural that already operates without us. The invisible organic machine is my pursuit ladies and gentlemen! I have found the two pieces of fabric, you could say, but now I need to work on how to stitch them together. Lastly, I think letting myself day dream A LOT lead to me becoming lost in my own thoughts, images, forms, patterns, and even places helped me orchestrate or hoard parts of me that existed outside of myself that I didn’t even know were there yet. I think letting your dreams - of what and who you want to be - incubate in you for a while, this… is really important.

2 comments:

  1. You said that so well Adam! Agree on all points and looking forward to seeing what you 'create'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! Hopefully I'll get something up here soon.

    ReplyDelete