Monday, April 9, 2012

time_of_death

This is just a quick sketch/rendering for my next piece. I will be doing the final piece in watercolor on a medium size canvas. The symbolic idea behind this one, is that, there is this unseen machine of time that is always ticking away. What I hope to achieve behind the head is a very mechanical and forceful feeling of rotation on the mind and body. Today with the affluence of technology in our lives it wears and tears on us. Its almost a frictional force that we experience. Not only on our minds but bodies and even relationships. I also decided to cover the skeletons face like a warrior... I thought it was fitting considering the fact that we seem to all be waging war against time. No matter who you are. You are fighting it whether you feel it or not, it is an unstoppable force upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment